Traditional, or Swedish Full Body Massage is the most popular Western massage. Its purpose is to relax the entire body, but it also has a number of other health benefits. Swedish massage improves blood circulation, increases the level of oxygen in the blood, helps the body to remove toxins, improves flexibility, eases tension and stress and helps with pain management.
While massaging the skin, the body’s largest organ, a chain reaction produces a positive effect on all layers and systems of the body. It affects the nerves, muscles, glands, and circulation, and promotes health and well-being. After a Swedish massage, it’s a good idea to give yourself time to relax and let the benefits sink in.
What are the benefits of a Swedish full body massage?
- Increases the blood and lymphatic circulation, therefore bringing oxygen and nutrients to the parts being massaged and takes away waste products, which may be responsible for muscle stiffness, aches and pains;
- Relaxes tight muscles;
- Relieves stiff joints;
- Encourages deeper and relaxed breathing;
- Helps to induce feelings of calmness;
- Encourages sleep;
- Improves digestion;
- Improves condition of the skin;
- Relaxes the mind and body for feelings of deep relaxation and well-being.
Weekly, fortnightly or monthly treatments are highly recommended for long-term health benefits.